RE: [sap-basis] query regarding BDLS / BDLSS
Posted by
Admin at
|
Share this post:
|
0 Comments
| | Posted by Lars-Erik Hallsten (CEO & Senior Consultant) on Feb 24 at 3:10 AM | |
Hi,
Yes, you're correct.
BDLSS will go through all the required tables (not all the tables,
fortunately) and change the LOGSYS field of both old and new data.
Regards,
LEH
From: Didik Bhudi via sap-basis [mailto:sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com]
Sent: 24. februar 2010 8:59
To: Lars-Erik Hallsten
Subject: Re: [sap-basis] query regarding BDLS / BDLSS
Posted by Didik Bhudi (SAP Basis
Consultant)
on Feb 24 at 3:01 AM
<http://it.toolbox.com/api/ContentVote/3329233/1/1/> Mark this reply as
helpfulMark as helpful
Hi Lars,
yes no external connection for data exchange with external systems other
than RFC connection for transport and EP portal.
I see, ya I dont see any harm at all in database issue,
I am thinking BDLSS will perfectly update all data row in all tables in
databases by the time we running it whether it is right after system
copy or later on, as the program will scan all the tables in database.
since I came accross one way to speed up BDLSS process in this forum, I
am thinking of including BDLSS process activity for next system copy.
All this time we dont do BDLSS because most our client's QA system is
old and slow and BDLSS is taking painfully long hours to be finished.
thanks
Lars-Erik Hallsten via sap-basis wrote:
> Posted by Lars-Erik Hallsten
> (CEO & Senior Consultant)
> on Feb 24 at 2:51 AM Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
> <http://it.toolbox.com/api/ContentVote/3329221/1/1/>
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, there are workarounds, but it leaves the system messy, I think. You
> will have the same LOGSYS in QA and PROD. I would never recommend
> doing it
> like that, though.
> If you have no issues after the system copy regarding to the LOGSYS,
> what is
> the problem? It seems your setup somehow doesn't include data exchange
> with
> external systems through partner profiles.
> I don't know the impact running the BDLS a few weeks too late will
> cause to
> your system, because I've always done it by the book, but as mentioned
> earlier, your system setup doesn't seem to use other connections than
> those
> defined in SM59, so I guess running BDLS after a few weeks won't do
> any harm
> at all.
>
> Regards,
> LEH
>
> From: Didik Bhudi via sap-basis [mailto:sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com]
> Sent: 24. februar 2010 8:37
> To: Lars-Erik Hallsten
> Subject: RE:[sap-basis] query regarding BDLS / BDLSS
>
>
>
>
> Posted by Didik Bhudi (SAP Basis
> Consultant)
> on Feb 24 at 2:38 AM
> <http://it.toolbox.com/api/ContentVote/3329203/1/1/> Mark this reply as
> helpfulMark as helpful
> Hi Lars,
> once again thanks for your reply.
> actually all this time I didnt do BDLSS as it is lengthy process and
> never
> see any problem. I think this is also what Snowy approach toward
> system copy
> regarding BDLSS
> (refer to
>
http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/re-should-i-c
>
> hange-the-logical-system-names-with-bdls-after-a-system-copy-2758515)
> can you help to give any comment in this approach ??
> btw my main question is the same, what will be happened if we decide
> to run
> BDLSS to the system after the system is released for several week (we are
> talking QA system here copied from PRD)
> is it still possible to change all the logical system data in all
> tables ?
> because I believe BDLSS will scan all SAP tables and make changes
> accordingly (including several week data transaction since we release
> it to
> users)
> thanks
> ---------------Original Message---------------
> From: Didik Bhudi
> Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:25 AM
> Subject: query regarding BDLS / BDLSS
> > dear gurus,<br/>i have one question regarding BDLS / BDLSS<br/>what
> will
> be happened if let say there is one situation that after <br/>system
> copy,
> system is released to user withoud BDLS / BDLSS.<br/>no issue after
> system
> copy without BDLS<br/>let say weeks after that (obviously there are some
> changes to the <br/>system), we decide to run BDLS / BDLSS to change the
> logical name<br/>is there any impact ??<br/>by right I didnt see any
> harm or
> issue as BDLS / BDLSS will scan all the <br/>table with LOGSYS field and
> replace the value.<br/>reason for me asking this because I read somewhere
> BDLS / BDLSS must be <br/>done right after system copy before release
> it to
> user.<br/>thanks !
__.____._ Yes, you're correct.
BDLSS will go through all the required tables (not all the tables,
fortunately) and change the LOGSYS field of both old and new data.
Regards,
LEH
From: Didik Bhudi via sap-basis [mailto:sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com]
Sent: 24. februar 2010 8:59
To: Lars-Erik Hallsten
Subject: Re: [sap-basis] query regarding BDLS / BDLSS
Posted by Didik Bhudi (SAP Basis
Consultant)
on Feb 24 at 3:01 AM
<http://it.toolbox.com/api/ContentVote/3329233/1/1/> Mark this reply as
helpfulMark as helpful
Hi Lars,
yes no external connection for data exchange with external systems other
than RFC connection for transport and EP portal.
I see, ya I dont see any harm at all in database issue,
I am thinking BDLSS will perfectly update all data row in all tables in
databases by the time we running it whether it is right after system
copy or later on, as the program will scan all the tables in database.
since I came accross one way to speed up BDLSS process in this forum, I
am thinking of including BDLSS process activity for next system copy.
All this time we dont do BDLSS because most our client's QA system is
old and slow and BDLSS is taking painfully long hours to be finished.
thanks
Lars-Erik Hallsten via sap-basis wrote:
> Posted by Lars-Erik Hallsten
> (CEO & Senior Consultant)
> on Feb 24 at 2:51 AM Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
> <http://it.toolbox.com/api/ContentVote/3329221/1/1/>
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, there are workarounds, but it leaves the system messy, I think. You
> will have the same LOGSYS in QA and PROD. I would never recommend
> doing it
> like that, though.
> If you have no issues after the system copy regarding to the LOGSYS,
> what is
> the problem? It seems your setup somehow doesn't include data exchange
> with
> external systems through partner profiles.
> I don't know the impact running the BDLS a few weeks too late will
> cause to
> your system, because I've always done it by the book, but as mentioned
> earlier, your system setup doesn't seem to use other connections than
> those
> defined in SM59, so I guess running BDLS after a few weeks won't do
> any harm
> at all.
>
> Regards,
> LEH
>
> From: Didik Bhudi via sap-basis [mailto:sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com]
> Sent: 24. februar 2010 8:37
> To: Lars-Erik Hallsten
> Subject: RE:[sap-basis] query regarding BDLS / BDLSS
>
>
>
>
> Posted by Didik Bhudi (SAP Basis
> Consultant)
> on Feb 24 at 2:38 AM
> <http://it.toolbox.com/api/ContentVote/3329203/1/1/> Mark this reply as
> helpfulMark as helpful
> Hi Lars,
> once again thanks for your reply.
> actually all this time I didnt do BDLSS as it is lengthy process and
> never
> see any problem. I think this is also what Snowy approach toward
> system copy
> regarding BDLSS
> (refer to
>
http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/re-should-i-c
>
> hange-the-logical-system-names-with-bdls-after-a-system-copy-2758515)
> can you help to give any comment in this approach ??
> btw my main question is the same, what will be happened if we decide
> to run
> BDLSS to the system after the system is released for several week (we are
> talking QA system here copied from PRD)
> is it still possible to change all the logical system data in all
> tables ?
> because I believe BDLSS will scan all SAP tables and make changes
> accordingly (including several week data transaction since we release
> it to
> users)
> thanks
> ---------------Original Message---------------
> From: Didik Bhudi
> Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:25 AM
> Subject: query regarding BDLS / BDLSS
> > dear gurus,<br/>i have one question regarding BDLS / BDLSS<br/>what
> will
> be happened if let say there is one situation that after <br/>system
> copy,
> system is released to user withoud BDLS / BDLSS.<br/>no issue after
> system
> copy without BDLS<br/>let say weeks after that (obviously there are some
> changes to the <br/>system), we decide to run BDLS / BDLSS to change the
> logical name<br/>is there any impact ??<br/>by right I didnt see any
> harm or
> issue as BDLS / BDLSS will scan all the <br/>table with LOGSYS field and
> replace the value.<br/>reason for me asking this because I read somewhere
> BDLS / BDLSS must be <br/>done right after system copy before release
> it to
> user.<br/>thanks !
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
SAP Basis Helper
Posted helpful replies on 50 threads in a group to earn a Silver Achievement
Related Content
In the Spotlight
White Papers
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements
View this thread online
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion