We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-acct] Can Symbolic Account be an Order?

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by siouxcq
on Sep 2 at 4:10 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
I need to clarify my initial post:

If an internal order could be used as the symbolic expense account, we could charge the internal order for the initial registration and offset it when the trip is actually settled. This would be for tracking purposes only. In a separate transaction, the conference registration would be expensed immediately as it currently is, referencing the trip number so that the uncleared "prepayments" can be matched.

Thanks again :-)
Susan

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Susan Cunniff
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 3:19 PM
Subject: Can Symbolic Account be an Order?

> I can't seem to find an answer to this question. We currently expense certain travel-related expenses, for example conference registrations, right away even though they are paid in advance. We would now like to track these "prepayments" through the travel system but if we use a prepaid GL account, they would not be expensed until the trip is settled to FI.
>
> So I'm wondering if an internal order could be used as the symbolic expense account? If so, we could charge an internal order for the initial registration. When the trip is actually settled, we'd offset the same internal order. I believe this would require different expense types for the initial transaction (the registration) and the settlement of expenses when the employee submits the travel voucher.
>
> If an internal order cannot be used, I would greatly appreciate some ideas on how to solve this problem. I don't believe a prepaid GL account is the right solution as we want to have these expenses charged to the P&L right away.
>
> Many thanks!
> Susan

__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Use the New iPhone App
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language