We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE: [sap-acct] Depreciation run - AFAB posting - correction of

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by ramvram
on Feb 8 at 5:03 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful

Hello al:

I figured out the solution for my problem.

Essentially, the solution was already part of my earlier mail.

Here is what I did.

I changed the definition for depreciation area 02 - NBV - Only positive and zero values allowed.

I turned off the " indicator in Smoothing" in OAYR for all depreciation areas, and transported my configurations.

Then I ran AFAR for recalculation of values, and finally ran AFAB in Repeat mode for individual company assets.

Posted depreciation got coorected per expected results.

I thought I would share my solution with you folks.

Ram V Ramakrishnan



From: sap-acct@Groups.ITtoolbox.com
To: ramramak@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 12:11:07 -0500
Subject: [sap-acct] Depreciation run - AFAB posting - correction of


Posted by ramvram
on Feb 8 at 12:12 PM
Hello Assets Accounting gurus:
We are in a dry run situation in QAS system as part of cutover activity.
There are two depn areas 01 -IFRS, and 02 -Local GAAP.
Assets take over values (APC, and Acc. Depn) were loaded as 0f Dec 31, 2009. Values were validated by business.
Now, I ran AFAB for January. Postings were completed without errors.
Data validation has revealed the following:
Depn area 02 has posted depreciation in January for fully depreciated assets. In config, for depreciation area 02, NBV is "All valued allowed" whereas for depn area 01- "only Positive values or zero allowed". Is this causing the problem for depn area 02 to calculate depn below NBV?
Depn areas 01 and 02 have a comon issue. Those assets that were supposed to be depreciated for part of the year ( meaning in 2010 year these assets get completely depreciated), have depn values spread for the entire year. "Smoothing" in Config is active for all depreation areas. I am not sure if this is causing the even distribution of depn values shown in the asset explorer.
Finally, what shoul I do to coorect the error? I would like the depreciation posting to reflect the corret situation, i.e., no dpen in area 02 below NBV, and for other assets for both depn areas, depn values npt evenly distributed in the year they get fullu depreciated.
I know AFAB cannot be reversed.
I look forward to your early response.
Thanks.
Ram
__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language