We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-log-mm] PO Fax Output Using SMTP Set Up in ECC 6.0

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by mikey (MM Team Lead)
on Sep 3 at 4:32 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
I concur with warren that you should be using tcode sost.

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Suzanne_Cullum
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 5:15 PM
Subject: PO Fax Output Using SMTP Set Up in ECC 6.0

> Hi All,
>
> Our BASIS team has 'turned on' SMTP for our system and configure the node. Therefore, on the MM application side, the message determination functionality for email and fax of POs will avail of SMTP.
>
> That said, I need some help understanding how, given we're using SMTP and NOT 'old' RFCs, I can designate that I want transmission medium 2. With SMTP, the output type you use, I'm using standard NEU, must be set to "5" (external send). This, then, covers BOTH emailing and faxing of the PO since, in SMTP, either transmission medium is represented and sent 'out the gateway' as a data/email 'packet'.
>
> We do NOT use "2" Fax on the communication detail subscreen in ME21n.
>
> With SMTP, you need to set up a "Communication Strategy", which I've done. Actually, as far as I can see, there is not too much to that part. Maybe I'm missing some setting and that is why I can't get a fax output to appear in SCOT! The email is working fine!
>
> Any ideas from someone that's actually done this would be much appreciated. I've posted over in the BASIS group as well. I got some very helpful feedback and links to SAP documentation from one of the BASIS folks in that group.
>
> But, maybe my fellow MM application functional friends can let me know if I've got a big missing link in my config.
>
> Thanks!

__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
mikey
SAP Logistics Material Management Enthusiast

Contributed 100 posts in a group to earn a Bronze Achievement
Related Content
White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Use the New iPhone App
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language