Announcement:
wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.
Posted by
Admin at
Hello, There was an audit conducted on our SAP system and it was recommended that the SAPService<SID> be removed from the Administrators Group on the server as it is a service account. I've read that since version 6.40 this account doesn't need to be part of the Administrators Group anymore but when I remove it, SAP stops running (it first goes green and after 1min the disp+work stops). SQL is reporting the following error in it's log: Login failed for user domain\SAPService<SID>: CLIENT: <local_machine>. As soon as I add it back to the Administrators Group it starts working again. So there's obviously some permissions missing. I've also removed all local and group policies on the server until I find what I need. Actually, in the local security policy, everywhere where it mentions Administrators Group, I've added the SAPService<SID>. The dev_w0 file gives the following error: OpenOledbConnection: ... Login failed for user domain\SAPService<SID>. ... Cannot open database <SID> requested by the login. The login failed. More info: - the environment: Windows 2008 64bits with MS SQL Server 2005 SP3 - SAP version: SAP ERP 6.0 SP3 (Netweaver 7.0) - this account is a login and user of the database in SQL with sysadmin role. - this account has full control on the usr folder - this account is part of the SAP groups (SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin, SAP_<SID>_LocalAdmin and SAP_LocalAdmin). - this account has the following Windows user environment variables: dbms_type, JAVA_HOME, MSSQL_DBNAME, MSSQL_SCHEMA, MSSQL_SERVER, PATH I would really to make this work. Thank you all in advance for your answers. | __.____._ Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author. Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 | | Most Popular White Papers In the Spotlight _.____.__ |