We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-dev] Custom report performance

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by a-parsi
on Apr 10 at 1:41 AM
I would like to thank all of you for supporting me in handling ths problem.
I tried Neal's recommendation to make changes step by step. John wanted to see other parts of my program which persuaded me to check it once again myself. Main problem was there as I was using some other selects from 'COAS' and some other tables for each recrod. Using a hashed table, sorting it and searching for extra fields just when the OBJNR was changed, made a good progress in my program. Now its time is changed from 2 minutes to 5 seconds in development server, therefore I think that I may see a better performance in production server.
By the way may I ask 'Horacio' about avoiding using 'IN' and 'OR' in my select? How can I do that?

---------------Original Message---------------
From: a-parsi
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:09 AM
Subject: Custom report performance

Hello everybody,

I have a custom report which is very slow. It takes about 14 hours to retrieve data from cobk and coep. cobk contains more two million records and I cannot find the number of records in coep. In development environment with 9000 cobk and 40000 coep records, it generates the output in less than two minutes.

Somebody had told me that if I use internal table to retrieve records with ne command and not touch database for each record it will work faster.

I changed my report but its performance has not changed in development environment. Does it make any difference for more records? I mean is any explanation about the performance of these two methods according to number of records?

__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Mark as helpful
View this online
  
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Use the New iPhone App
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language