We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-basis] SAP logon issues over VPN connection

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by D. Caddick (SAP NetWeaver/BASIS Consultant)
on Apr 2 at 6:44 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
Hi Sathya,

When you perform a ping command from your Laptop what is the round trip time?
Try setting the GUI network speed to Low Speed setting.

Regards

---------------Original Message---------------
From: bykaudy
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 2:18 PM
Subject: SAP logon issues over VPN connection

> Hello Experts,
>
> I'm trying to logon to SAP remotely via Cisco VPN. I'm able to connect to the remote network. When I ping the remote server, I get response. When I telnet SAP server for port 3200 and 3600, I get response. When I invoke SAP logon with SAP LOGON PAD, I get logon screen. When I enter userID password, I do not get any response. I initiated second logon and when I use same userID and password, I'm prompted with a popup screen with 3 options (Continue with this logon and end any other logon, Continue this logon without terminating other logon. Terminate this logon). When I choose any option, system again don't respond. After some time, I'll have to right click on the top left corner and click on stop transaction to cancel the screen.
> What I tried -
> I turned off windows firewall on my laptop. - didn't help.
> I took laptop to the office and connected to the network with a cable and same GUI logs on to the system without any problem
> In the logon pad, in network settings, I've set low speed connection. I get logon screen only when I'm on low speed connection. When I switch to high speed connection, I don't get logon screen at all, just 'connecting to system.. please wait..' window is displayed.
>
> System parameters are -
> I'm on Windows XP SP2.
> SAP GUI - Ver 7100.3.11.3115
>
> Any help is appreciated -
> Thanks,
> Sathya
__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
D. Caddick
SAP Basis Top Contributor

Contributed the most posts in a group for 3 consecutive months to earn a Gold Achievement
Related Content
White Papers

In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language