We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-abap] Deleting records directly from a transparent table using custom ABAP program

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by jazz627
on Aug 5 at 2:18 AM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
Hi All,
Thank you for all your inputs, actually the table I was asked to do a
DELETE is in table KNVK. I said that this is not a good idea because it
may have, as mentioned, "strand" records in other tables. But, it is not
my decision anymore, they are adamant that I do it this way. That's why I
need to make sure that what I will be doing is the correct one, and I'm
not really familiar with using COMMIT.
So, if I understand it right it does not matter if I do a COMMIT or not,
the record will still be deleted from the database table. So, basically I
can just do it like this...
(I apologise if I oversimplify the code)

PARAMETERS: p_parnr LIKE knvk-parnr,
p_kunnr LIKE knvk-parnr.
DELETE * FROM knvk
WHERE parnr EQ p_parnr
AND p_kunnr EQ p_kunnr.

IF sy-subrc NE 0.
ROLLBACK WORK.
MESSAGE ID l_v_msgid TYPE c_msgtyp_err NUMBER l_v_msgno
WITH l_v_msgv1 l_v_msgv2 l_v_msgv3 l_v_msgv4.
ELSE.
COMMIT WORK.
ENDIF.
But, if there a safer way such as a BAPI that will delete records from
KNVK then I'll rather use that.

Thanks and Regards.


"epalmer via sap-abap" <sap-abap@Groups.ITtoolbox.com>
08/05/2009 01:38 AM
Please respond to
sap-abap@Groups.ITtoolbox.com

To
jazz627 <jasper.borra@coats.com>
cc
Subject
RE:[sap-abap] Deleting records directly from a transparent table using
custom ABAP program

Posted by epalmer (SR ABAPS Systems Developer)
on Aug 4 at 1:39 PM
Mark as helpful
Jasper as others have said, you should never issue a direct delete to the
database especially for a table such as MARA or VBAK. As to the people who
want it done, I would be talking to their bosses if need be. The commit or
not is the least of your worries and really doesn't matter. All a commit
does is create a rollback point. Attached to the Mara is the MARC, MLAN,
MARM, MAKT, and MBEW. So it crosses Purchasing, Material, and Accounting
areas. It is called Master Data.
__.____._
Copyright © 2009 CEB Toolbox, Inc. and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language