We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-basis] /usr/sap//DVEBMGS??/work/stderr4 file contained some weird entries

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by Ravi Yarlagadda (SAP BASIS ADMINISTRATOR)
on Oct 4 at 11:36 AM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
I have put those lines and additional text in the earlier email and some how/reason it was truncated.

df: 0506-003 Cannot find or open file system /dump1.
df: 0506-003 Cannot find or open file system /tempftp.
df: 0506-003 Cannot find or open file system /backup1.
df: 0506-003 Cannot find or open file system /dump1.

I am trying to find the process that populates these entries into the stderr4 file. I found the one common job during that time was email send job but this job runs for every 5 minutes and not generating those lines at 10, 20, 25,40,50,55 minutes in the hour. So I was not sure that email send job populating these entries. There was no job in the OS crontab either root or sapsid user.
Normally OS command df <filesystem> which is not exist and it displays that error.

Environment: AIX 5.3, SAP ECC5 R3, oracle 10g

I would appreciate if anyone can help me to find the process for populating those entries into stderr4 file.
What situations normally log entries creates in stderr4 file?

I found those filesystems on one of the other Dialog Server and not related to SAP filesystems. Still I didn't find the process to update in stderr4 file.

Thanks and Regards,
Ravi


---------------Original Message---------------
From: Ravi Yarlagadda
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 10:29 PM
Subject: /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS??/work/stderr4 file contained some weird entries

> Hi,
>
> /usr/sap/LJA/<SID>/DVEBMGS??/work/stderr4 file is populating the following 4 lines for every 00,05,15,30,35,45 minutes in the hour 24/7.

__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Use the New iPhone App
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language