Announcement:
wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.
Posted by
Admin at
Hi Snowy I agree. If updating the kernel doesn't help, it could very well be a problem with the SAP profiles. Rao, you can try the following steps: - Go to \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile - Open the file called <SID>_DVEBMGS<sysnr>_<hostname> E.g. DEV_DVEBMGS00_sapserver - Look for the parameters below rdisp/wp_no_dia -> must be 2 or higher rdisp/wp_no_btc -> should be 2 or higher rdisp/wp_no_vb -> must be 1 or higher rdisp/wp_no_vb2 -> should be 1 or higher rdisp/wp_no_enq -> must be 1 (higher values only in exceptional cases) rdisp/wp_no_spo -> should be 1 - Then open the file called START_DVEBMGS<sysnr>_<hostname> - Look for the parameter called "_MS" and make sure parameter "Start_Program_03" is on the next line. Does your profiles have these parameters? Regards, LEH From: Snowy via sap-basis [mailto:sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com] Sent: 28. juni 2010 21:04 To: Lars-Erik Hallsten Subject: RE:[sap-basis] msg_server.exe not appearing in SAP management console Posted by Snowy (Certified Netweaver '04/Oracle Basis consultant) on Jun 28 at 3:03 PM Mark as helpful Lars-Erik, you are right, but having no MSG_SERVER is a symptom of an application server, not a CI. So, in, this case, he has problems with his SAP profiles. ---------------Original Message--------------- From: YBRao Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 8:31 AM Subject: msg_server.exe not appearing in SAP management console > Hi Experts, > > First of all I want to tell you that I am new to BASIS activities. I am trying to learn installation and error handling. > > I have installed R3 Enterprise 4.70x 2.00 SR1 on Win SQL Server and everything was successful. Now when I try to start SAP from console, msg_server.exe does not appear in the process list and dispatcher status is "Running but message server unreachable". Also in WP Tables, I can only see two DIA processes. > > I can give you developer trace file dev_ms and dev_w0 for your reference if you need them. > > Thanks in advance, > Rao | __.____._ Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author. Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 | | Lars-Erik Hallsten SAP Basis Top Contributor
Contributed the most posts in a group for a month to earn a Silver Achievement _.____.__ |