We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-basis] System Refresh Of A Development System

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from Snowy on Dec 15 at 2:25 PM
Hi,

I would export vesion with SPA note 130906, do a system refresh of DEV from PROD, then, re-import versions as per SAP note 130906.

but... you will have a ll PRD data in DEV. Is this acceptable?

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Andy Murzyn
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 3:19 AM
Subject: System Refresh Of A Development System

I am unable to perform a client refresh from Production to my Development System. I received a number of DDIC table errors during the copy client, and after developers reviewed them, they determined they could not resolve them. As a result they want a system refresh of Dev from Prod. I know this is not recommended but don't really have an alternative.
This was done 18 months ago for what I believe were other discrepancies that could not be resolved. During that process, I am reasonably sure that OSS Note 130906, regarding version export/import, was not followed. This is a moot point at this stage, since I'm sure any version history prior to that refresh is lost.
My question is this:

How much "damage" was caused as a result of that initial system copy?

Thank you

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
© 2015 Ziff Davis, LLC. and message author.
Ziff Davis, LLC. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
Snowy  

32 achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Have a technical question? Need to find IT solutions? Ask your peers in the Toolbox for IT community.

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language