We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-basis] SAP SUM Not Starting

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from JKoz48362 on Oct 27 at 11:20 AM
Excellent! Thanks Dave!

I'm looking over the guide now (294 pages... nice...). I'll do the unthinkable and follow the instructions and post where I went wrong.

Thanks again,

-Joe

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Joe Kozlowski
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 12:50 PM
Subject: SAP SUM Not Starting

SAP SUM Not Starting

OS: MS Server 2012
DB: MS SQL 2012
SAP Solution Manager 7.1 x86 64-bit
Kernel: 721 patch 400
Host: SAPERPTEST
SID: UTS
Instance: 05
User: sapadm
Variable SAPMNT: E:\user\sap

Hello, I haven't used SUM before so I set up a test server for practice. I installed Solution Manager 7.1 and now am at the point of testing SUM. I downloaded the latest version (SP14) and extracted it using sapcar. The first time I tried to run "startup", I received the following message:

Directory of the SAP system SAPE:\usr\sap\SAP does not exist.

I know that it should look for \usr\sap\UTS, but for some reason it isn't. As one suggested work around, I created a "SAP" symbolic link pointing to E:\user\sap\UTS. "Startup" immediately failed. I recreated the symbolic link to point to the directory that I unloaded SUM into (E:\SUM). Now when I run "startup" I received the following error:

Oct 15, 2015 11:29:14 AM [Error]: Unable to detect an abap and/or AS Java instance of the SAP system SAP installed on host SAPERPTEST
Oct 15, 2015 11:29:14 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.server.core.services.ServiceException
Oct 15, 2015 11:29:14 AM [Fatal]: Error during controller startup.
Oct 15, 2015 11:29:14 AM [Fatal]: SL Controller exiting.

It looks like it is looking for a SID called "SAP". Is there somewhere to change it to look for "UTS"?

Does anyone have a link to step-by-step instructions on installing SUM? I searched the download section to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Another bit of information: There are no old profiles on the system.

Thanks!

-Joe

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2015 Ziff Davis, LLC. and message author.
Ziff Davis, LLC. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
JKoz48362  

achievement
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language