We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-hr] How to Replace or Change Employee Number

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from Victor on Nov 19 at 2:23 AM
Hi! I agree with Samir. Nevertheless I have seen how you can achieve this via custom development. Here is what I have to say about it, who knows, maybe something could be of use.

1.- I imagine you have not run payroll or time management on any employee which is very important because it is going to be less difficult. (When I saw this thing the pernr had payroll and FI posting and custom tables and time management It was a very big challenge and it was done)

2.- What I think you have to do is to create a table with the relationship between wrong pernr and correct pernr which you are going to use on your development.

3.- Create a program where you first extract wrong records, then you arrange the correct ones, delete wrong ones and insert new ones.

4.- I sincerely don't know the order of the infotypes in which you need to do it but I think you should back up all of them, delete all infotypes and then re create beginning with 0,1,2... and so on.

5.- I already said this but BACK THEM UP.

6.- When you finish make sure to update the pernr number range.

7.- If you are doing this... Goog Luck!!!

I do not know how many employees and infotypes are wrong BUT I once deleted 5k employees (I run RPUDELPN instead of RPUDEL20) and uploaded all the info in less than 4 hours.

Another option that has come to my mind given that it is 1:16 am here is the next.

1- Back up all infotypes other than 0, 1 and 2.
2.- Delete All wrong employee data.
3.- Re hire with action only on 0, 1 and 2.
4.- Do the translation thing on the backed up infotypes.
5.- Upload infotypes with the correct data.

Not sure if you can do point 5 between points 1 and 2. I say this because I think that when you delete directly from the table there is no validation.

Hope this helps!
Let us know which path you selected!

Regards,
V?ctor

---------------Original Message---------------
From: graciaescolano
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:00 AM
Subject: How to Replace or Change Employee Number

Is there a way of replacing or changing employee number in SAP HR instead of re-encoding it in the system?

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2014 Ziff Davis, LLC. and message author.
Ziff Davis, LLC. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
Victor  

achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Become a blogger at Toolbox.com and share your expertise with the community. Start today.

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language