We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

[sap-log-mm] Help With MRP Area Setup, SLOC-SLOC STO Scenario

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Question from sapnomad on Oct 23 at 11:37 AM
I have my main warehouse represented by SLOC 2000 and have external storage location 2100. I've created MRP Area XXXX-2000 which is on MRP reorder point planning. This MRP area is assigned to 2000. When reorder point triggers, it successfully creates the STR to pull stock from SLOC 2100.

Now I want to do MRP planning on my entire plant-wide stock. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my only approach is to create another MRP area for both 2000 and 2100 (the plant MRP area XXXX automatically excludes 2100 stock).

My problem is that SAP doesn't allow the same SLOC to be assigned to multiple MRP areas. So I can't have 2000 be used for 2000 only reorder point planning, and 2000 be used in the plant-wide planning.

I must be missing something fundamental. Surely I should be able to do the STR into my primary location and still perform MRP using available stock from all locations? (Depending on material, the reorder point pull may be considerable amount of stock to last a week or two of production. If it was a minute just-in-time quantity, I wouldn't care as much)

Thanks, Vlad
 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2014 Ziff Davis, LLC. and message author.
Ziff Davis, LLC. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
sapnomad  

achievements
 
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language