We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

Re: RE:[sap-abap] Any Consideration Adding Custom Fields to Standard Tables?

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from neobat on Feb 26 at 1:30 PM
No, thanks for your inputs.

I am following an OSS note to add these fields into MARA
but I was just wondering when you said in your previous reply that I could
create a custom table to add these fields and I was just thinking how to
link that with a custom table with my standard MM01/MM02

Thanks for your help,
neo

---------------Original Message---------------
From: john.louk
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:27 AM
Subject: Any Consideration Adding Custom Fields to Standard Tables?

You can use the user-exits. To do the custom fields, you will have to put custom code in even for extending MARA. I have not touched MARA and MM01/MM02/MM03 in years. So, I do not recall the exits. I do know that there is at least one SAP (OSS) note pertaining to the adding custom fields in the screens and MARA. That is not to say that the custom table should be your solution. But, I think you want to make sure of the purpose of your data.

And, definitely look at whether there are any extension structures. The only ones I remember off of the top of my head is for Purchasing Documents (i.e., CI_EKKODB, CI_EKPODB). These are the includes in EKKO and EKPO and also the extension structures. And, if they go beyond 960 characters then the BAPIs have a problem. And, nothing beyond 960 is updated.

Another thing is if you want to do update using BAPIs and extension structures, that is also still doable with custom tables.

Sorry for the late reply. It appears that my Exchange server did get it until after the day was done.


Cheers

John

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2014 Ziff Davis, Inc. and message author.
Ziff Davis, Inc. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
neobat  

achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Become a blogger at Toolbox.com and share your expertise with the community. Start today.

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language