We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE: RE:[sap-abap] Any Consideration Adding Custom Fields to Standard Tables?

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from john.louk on Feb 26 at 10:26 AM
You can use the user-exits. To do the custom fields, you will have to put custom code in even for extending MARA. I have not touched MARA and MM01/MM02/MM03 in years. So, I do not recall the exits. I do know that there is at least one SAP (OSS) note pertaining to the adding custom fields in the screens and MARA. That is not to say that the custom table should be your solution. But, I think you want to make sure of the purpose of your data.

And, definitely look at whether there are any extension structures. The only ones I remember off of the top of my head is for Purchasing Documents (i.e., CI_EKKODB, CI_EKPODB). These are the includes in EKKO and EKPO and also the extension structures. And, if they go beyond 960 characters then the BAPIs have a problem. And, nothing beyond 960 is updated.

Another thing is if you want to do update using BAPIs and extension structures, that is also still doable with custom tables.

Sorry for the late reply. It appears that my Exchange server did get it until after the day was done.


Cheers

John

---------------Original Message---------------
From: neobat
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:13 PM
Subject: Any Consideration Adding Custom Fields to Standard Tables?

Hi John,

Can you elaborate more on custom tables?
If I do custom tables then how can I maintain the relationship with the material number. Not between tables but in the GUI. For example if I maintain MM02 and want to update the custom fields that are in this custom table, can I do that?

Thanks,
neo

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2014 Ziff Davis, Inc. and message author.
Ziff Davis, Inc. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
john.louk  

13 achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language