Announcement:
wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.
Posted by
Admin at
The enhancement-section is the part, defined by SAP. You can implement this section (or an enhancement-point). You can compare it with the Badi or customer-functions that SAP delivers. So you have to find such a section. You don't need mod assistant or sccr key. Groeten, Ben
| | | ---------------Original Message--------------- From: Dave Thornburgh Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 10:05 PM Subject: How to use ENHANCEMENT-SECTION? Terry - I personally haven't worked with enhancements, but believe I can explain the difference. With just the Modification Assistant, you are literally changing the code ("file" if you will) of the SAP program. SAP does what it can to preserve this during an upgrade, but if the surrounding context is lost, it can run into trouble. Also, your modification becomes part of the program - it just has fancy comments surrounding it so the Assistant know how to handle it. With Enhancements, you are actually writing your code in a separate "file" or "include" (whichever terminology you prefer). This code does not become part of the SAP program until compile time. Also, the surrounding context can be radically changed _technically_ - in terms of what specific statements or blocks of statements precede and follow the enhancement spot. SAP has made a commitment that the context will not change _functionally_, that whatever you code in the enhancement spot will continue to be in the right place at the right time. I would hope they do a good job keeping that promise, but I suspect there will be exceptions when parts of the application get seriously redesigned. Also, if I recall correctly, the overarching concept is the "switch and enhancement" concept. To me, that implies that it might be possible to switch your enhancements on and off with little effort, but I'm not sure (there are switch related fields in the enhancement implementation properties). That certainly isn't possible with straight modifications, with or without the assistant. Also (and this shows my lack of experience) I don't see any evidence of objects registered in SSCR related to enhancements we have developed. There's a chance you were misled on that point. Dave | | __.____._ Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author. Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 | | Ben Meijs Ctac SAP ABAP Helper
Posted helpful replies on 5 threads in a group to earn a Bronze Achievement Popular White Papers In the Spotlight _.____.__ |