We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE: [sap-basis] Error when start the system in SAPMMC

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by D. Caddick (SAP NetWeaver/BASIS Consultant)
on May 2 at 3:45 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
Hi Joao,

This is good news. I have never had to set that parameter in my SQL Systems, but I will remember this for next time.

Regards

From: Joao Dimas via sap-basis [mailto:sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com]
Sent: 02 May 2010 17:22
To: D. Caddick
Subject: RE:[sap-basis] Error when start the system in SAPMMC

Posted by Joao Dimas (SAP Basis -- BC Administrator)
on May 2 at 12:23 PM Mark as helpful

Hello Lars, David and all others...

First at all, I already solved this issue! Second, I do not know why, this isn?t the first time that happen in Ittoolbox forum... Yesterday, I post here this same message that I write at this moment, I do not know why, once again the message was not posted here in the forum!! So, again..

The solution is in Note 1082356 - Using the ODBC based DBSL for Microsoft SQL Server (in Case 3).

In log file dev_w0 I found this error/message (or in R3trans.log too):

"The 7.00 (or earlier) ODBC based DBSL library should not be used for SAP systems running on SQL Server 2005 (release 9.0) or earlier"


So after that I found in that note the solution for this issue. First I stopped the services of SAP and Database SQL Server and I set the environment system variable MSSQL_FORCEOLEDB=1.

When I set up both services SAP and Database, I start the sap system at SAPMMC and all disp work processes, through task manager, come up without problems and so the system as well! :-)


Thank you for your help guys ;-)
Joao Dimas - Portugal

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Lars-Erik Hallsten
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 8:32 PM
Subject: Error when start the system in SAPMMC

> Hi joao
>
> When running R3trans -d or R3trans -x you get a log file called trans.log in the directory frim which you're running the R3trans command,
> Pleaae post the full R3trans.log
>
> Regards,
> LEH
__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
D. Caddick
SAP Basis Top Contributor

Contributed the most posts in a group for 3 consecutive months to earn a Gold Achievement
Related Content
White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Use the New iPhone App
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language