We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

Re: [sap-acct] Invoice blocked for payment but should not be....no rhyme or reason

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by Paul Bastone (Senior FI consultant)
on Apr 16 at 1:39 AM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
Mike, Have you checked that there is not a payment proposal that has been run but without running the payment run? The payment proposal "reserves" the documents contained so they are not included in other payment proposals.

Regards, Paul


From: mlittle74 via sap-acct <sap-acct@Groups.ITtoolbox.com>
To: Paul Bastone <paulbastone@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thu, 15 April, 2010 18:36:08
Subject: [sap-acct] Invoice blocked for payment but should not be....no rhyme or reason

Posted by mlittle74
on Apr 15 at 12:49 PM

Hello my good friends!! This is my first question post but I have read your helpful answers on a variety of other subjects. Your insight and experience has already been invaluable and I'm sure someone here will be able to help me with this strange issue I'm having with AP.

A vendor recently called and said they had not received a check for a couple of invoices that were due. I checked the history (FBL1N) and it did indeed show a couple of payments that were due but were not included in the most recent check proposal. I created a check proposal for that vendor specifically and set the "next payment due" date to 12/31/9999 and still the invoices were not picked up. I compared the AP detail for the invoices that did not pay to a previous invoice that did pay and to my inexperienced eyes they seem identical. I tried to provide some screenshots, but it appears this site does not support them.

There are no blocks on the payments, the due date has come and gone a couple of weeks over now, and I cannot for the life of me get these payments in the check proposal. I entered in a dummy invoice for a penny to see if that invoice would be picked up, it did not. So I thought maybe something changed at the vendor level and the whole vendor was being blocked. I sat down with our purchasing manager and she went through screen by screen to review the vendor and there were no blocks or anything out of the ordinary.

Apparently the AP person before me had some issues like this and had to delete the vendor, create a new vendor number, and reenter the invoices for payment. I'd like to show our controller I'm smarter than that and figured this one out =) That's where I need your help.

ANY IDEAS??? This thing is driving me cRAzY!!!!

Mike
__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Paul Bastone
SAP Accounting Helper

Posted helpful replies on 5 threads in a group to earn a Bronze Achievement
Related Content
White Papers

In the Spotlight
Did this response help you resolve your issue? Click the green 'Mark as helpful' arrow to vote on the entry.
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language