We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

Re: [sap-basis] Migration SAP System - Export Optimization

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from DanielBasis on Oct 19 at 11:22 AM
Hi Jo?o,

Could you make these steps:

1 - Update SAP Kernel + R3ldctl, R3szchk, R3load, R3ta and disp+work
(Lasted version) (Remember: If your kernel is 7.20 is necessary
change to 7.21 because 7.20 is obsolete.
2 - Verify DB02 > Diagnostics > Missing Tables and Indexes
3 - Run update statistics
4 - Verify table in ABAP Dictionary exists > Run R3LDCTL standalone to
generate the *.SRT files in order to check
5 - If possible, increase your source hardware

Thanks.

Daniel Santana

---------------Original Message---------------
From: João Dimas
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 9:10 PM
Subject: Migration SAP System - Export Optimization

Hello,

I´m doing a migration/heterogeneous system copy... but I´m facing one big problem. This is a BW system with size of 3TB running on Windows Server 2012 with database MS SQL Server. The problem is the export database time using the SWPM tool.

I already did two tests, the first one I performed the export database without any other options/methods and it takes 99 hours (~4 days) which is a lot of time!

We need to reduce this export database time! I read the system copy guide and with that information and other information that I read in some SCN blogs, I performed the second test using the table splitting method! I split some big tables, for example, I split the biggest table in the BW system, with 650 Gb, in 175 parts! The server contains 20 CPU's therefore I set 80 R3load parallel jobs! It takes 75 hours (~3 days). Unfortunately it is still long time! :(

The following image was taken during this last test (split tables test):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea4mqw9s6e6z4hm/SNAG-0000.jpg?dl=0

I need to perform this database export in 1 day! It´s possible? I believe it is possible because I already read some SCN posts like the following one where someone describe that he export one database with 9TB in 18 hours!!!

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3292124

But how it´s possible?! Can you give me please your opinion, your experience and your vision in how to optimize the database exportation!?

I really need to minimizing the downtime of this migration.


Please give me some tips.


Best regards,
jmgmad

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2015 Ziff Davis, LLC. and message author.
Ziff Davis, LLC. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
DanielBasis  

achievement
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Become a blogger at Toolbox.com and share your expertise with the community. Start today.

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language