We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-dev] Table Control Loop in PAI

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from horacio zapettini on Dec 5 at 10:40 AM
Trish,

A guess... sometimes, dynpros get "drunk" (sorry, but it's a common argentinean developers expression that applies here :) ) and starts doing nonsense stuff...

If I were you, I'd go for the stable state method. (that is start from a stable state, add one new thing. Check if current state is stable. If there are new things to add you go on with that cycle. the idea is finding what is wrong in a one by one basis. :)

If I were you, I'd start from scratch... creating a new dynpro, adding first the loops that control the step-loop. then adding modules one by one and testing each new stuff one by one.
if this new dynpro works, then the problem is that the dynpro "got drunk" ... and is doing what you don't expect. :)

You know, I've seen this behaviour sometimes in our company, so I'd guess it could be happening to you... the solution in our case was rewriting the dynpro from scratch. (in fact what we do is copy the screen,then add the basic logic to see if that works and then add new stuff in a one by one basis. that lets us know what is not working but also lets us work within an stable state of the dynpro. Hope it's clear...

Another possible solution: (but... again... more work for you...) but it works fine for me: instead of using edit in place, you could use a button-> Form to insert/change/delete paradigm. Sometimes, users are glad to have that possibility.


Horacio

PS: I wish I'd had more free time to evaluate the code. IMO, there must be something we can't see (perhaps a mistyped name ? in the dynpro...). I'd also wish I could have access to that program (you know: four eyes can see more than two ...:)

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Trisha DeVrieze
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:17 AM
Subject: Table Control Loop in PAI

John,

I have run this code thru debug multiple times, so much that I see it when I close my eyes. There is data in the internal table, 8 records, 4 lines visible on the screen. The code processes the LOOP AT and then drops to the ENDLOOP 4 times and then moves on to the next MODULE in the PAI. It's like I have no MODULES or FIELDS in the LOOP...ENDLOOP. But as you can see, I do. The table control on the screen is TC_PERS. I double checked that and the field names that I am using. I made sure all the MODULES exist and have no trouble activating. I am truly baffled. I have used table controls before. This screen is a subscreen and all the others were main screens but I don't understand why that would make a difference.

Ameen,

The code enters PAI no problem. It processes all MODULES before and after the loop. It processes the loop the correct number of times, it just never enters the loop.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll take all the help I can get.

Trish

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2012 Ziff Davis, Inc. and message author.
Ziff Davis, Inc. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
horacio zapettini  

12 achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language