We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-acct] Clearing a Penny Posted As a JE to a Reconciliation Account During Conversion

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from LCC352 on Jul 16 at 1:37 PM
I would say you need to try to trace down the original posting(s) in the account and correct them, if possible. That is really the best way to handle this issue. Start by looking at balances by month and figure out what month it went south; that's where you start examining entries from the modules involved.

It may not be an easy task, and you may have to go through many transactions to narrow it down, but it's the only way I know of to correct data - it's best to do it from the source of the posting, not a top-side adjustment. It will probably show up elsewhere if you try to just correct it in the G/L.

- Lou

---------------Original Message---------------
From: YoLo315
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 10:23 AM
Subject: Clearing a Penny Posted As a JE to a Reconciliation Account During Conversion

I've been doing SAP for over 20 years and I'm stumped by this one...

During the conversion of one of our company codes, there was a JE posted to our AP Recon account with a posting key of 50 for .01 (I know it's only a penny, but our Internal Auditors have written this up because the sub-ledger doesn't balance to the GL, so now it's my job to get it out of there...).

I'm not sure when/how this penny was posted - It had to have been before the account was changed to a recon account and I'm not sure how they changed it to a recon account when the account had a balance...

I know I can't change the account to OIM and can't change the recon account status without zeroing out the balance, and if I do zero it out and change it to OIM, then I'm stuck with no penny to clear.

Any thoughts of how to get rid of this pesky penny?

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2012 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
LCC352  
President
12 achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language