We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-basis] MAXDB service remains 'Starting'

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by sergvil
on Oct 19 at 11:22 PM
Hi Rafael,

I'm glad to see that my reply helped you. :)

Best Regards.

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Sergio Villar
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:26 AM
Subject: MAXDB service remains 'Starting'

Dear experts,

I am running MaxDB with minisap trial version (Netweaver 7.01). It was running fine for months. This week I couldn't get my instance to run. The computer was locked on starting sometimes. I could see the cause on Windows Services: MaxDB was showing STARTING and didn't have any options for Stop or Restart. The only way to stop it was to restart or shut down Windows.
In Windows Services, I had to change the setting back to Manual (from Automatic). By restarting Windows I get it to shut down, but when I start the Service again, it opens very slowly and then right before completing the operation it throws up an Error Message 1053: service couldn't start in timely manner. It doesn't stop the service, it keeps running and shows STARTING.
I tried killing kernel.exe in Task Manager, but it just restarts again. It seems like there is something else going on, I don't know how to solve the problem.

Any suggestions?
Thank you very much,
Sergio

__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Mark as helpful
View this online
  
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com Groups Discussions Support BBCode. Share Code Snippets with Peers

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language