We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

[sap-abap] How to use ENHANCEMENT-SECTION?

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by TerryB (Sr. SAP Developer)
on Sep 9 at 7:57 PM
I am trying to educate myself about the Enhancement Framework. I am currently looking into explicit enhancements--enhancement sections in particular. I was intrigued when I read that we can use the statements ENHANCEMENT-SECTION and END-ENHANCEMENT-SECTION to mark off a section of code in a standard SAP program to be REPLACED by code of our design in a source code plug-in.
It appears, however, that we would first need to register the object for change in SSCR, and use Modification Assistant to insert the ENHANCEMENT-SECTION and END-ENHANCEMENT-SECTION statements into the standard SAP code. If that is true, why would we bother with the enhancement section? Since we're already using Modification Assistant to make a mod to the program, we could just do the whole job with Modification Assistant!
I'm hoping that I'm missing something here!
Cheers,
Terry
__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
View this online
  
TerryB
SAP ABAP Enthusiast

Contributed 100 posts in a group to earn a Bronze Achievement
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language