We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-basis] ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by sap basis
on Aug 3 at 3:23 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry long time since I have been here. Crike I am on a higher level than 610 I am on 720.

Will let you know once I find, fix.

Regards.

J

---------------Original Message---------------
From: sap basis
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 2:38 PM
Subject: ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid

Hi all,

I am having the following problem:

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2011-05-16 04.01.37
BR0301E SQL error -980 at location stats_tab_validate-2, SQL statement:
'ANALYZE TABLE "SYS"."STREAMS$_APPLY_SPILL_MSGS_PAR T" VALIDATE STRUCTURE CASCADE ONLINE'
ORA-00980: synonym translation is no longer valid
BR0893E Validating structure failed for table/cluster SYS.STREAMS$_APPLY_SPILL_MSGS_PART
BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2011-05-16 04.01.37

I know there are several notes out there but I have started with composite note ora-00980. Not sure which of the 5 options would be applicable to me in this note, I am not clued up on the oracle and would like to understand it better.

I know that when system connect to db it checks initsid.ora file for ops$user then logs on as that user to system by retrieving password for sapr3 from sapuser table and then logs on as user user SAPR3.

Looking at note 650796 and my above situation I am not sure which situation is applicable. Here are my sql results.

sqlplus "/as sysdba"
SQL> SELECT * FROM DBA_SYNONYMS
WHERE SYNONYM_NAME = 'USER_IND_COLUMNS' AND
(OWNER = '<sap_user>' OR OWNER = 'SYSTEM'); 2 3

no rows selected

SQL> SELECT * FROM DBA_SYNONYMS WHERE SYNONYM_NAME = 'STREAMS$_APPLY_SPILL_MSGS_PART';

no rows selected

Please advise.

__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Mark as helpful
View this online
  
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
SAP Enterprise Mobility Webcast Watch today!
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language