We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE: [sap-basis] System rebuild

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by Robin Haettich (Lead Solution Architect)
on Oct 31 at 11:15 AM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
Hello Mridul,

I assume it depends on what you have deleted in folder usr/sap/? If you have a recent file system backup as well, maybe you can try using it (point in time recovery)?
The important "files" as far as I know are the profile files and the SDM files (which you want to backup after each delivery to keep a record of all changes), as outlined e.g. in the following well-known locations.

Operations Guide:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/4 7/fe9d402d204aa7e10000000a421937/frameset.htm
ABAP:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/4 8/bbe35dd880307ce10000000a42189b/frameset.htm
Java:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/4 8/bc22bfa70a0611e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Sorry for not being able to be more helpful at this point in time.
With best regards
Robin

---------------Original Message---------------
From: mridulg
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 8:04 AM
Subject: System rebuild

Hi Guys,

In one of my SAP EHP4 system various directories under /usr/sap got deleted,
I do have the system backup( backup before finalization stage when doing EHP
upgrade of dual stack ). Can anyone suggest me how can I rebuild the system,
I tried 2 options:
1) System copy, but there we need the migration export which I don't have.
2) Build up central instance and use the database, but the problem is as my
system was dual stack and I upgraded the same to EHP4 where in case of EHP4
you need to have different ABAP and JAVA installation and this is big
confusion for me.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Mridul Gupta

__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Robin Haettich
SAP Basis Helper

Posted helpful replies on 5 threads in a group to earn a Bronze Achievement
Related Content
Most Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Use the New iPhone App
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language