We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-newbies-l] Looking for a better way to track equipment within SAP

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by matthoving
on Jul 18 at 8:14 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
Hi Neal,

Eventually the scenario (or similar) that you describe is where I want us to be. What I am missing is the detail on how to start moving us in the right direction. Details such as, should we look at moving all or our tools and equipment from the PM module into the MM module (this option will initially meet severe resistance from other business units)

I have a very clear idea of what needs to be achieved but the blanks I am trying to fill is the HOW.

Kind regards,
Matt

---------------Original Message---------------
From: R. Neal Wilhite
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 11:55 AM
Subject: Looking for a better way to track equipment within SAP

> Steve,
>
> Somehow, I see this as more of am MM process or an STO process. I can imagine each engineer having a Location tied to them. A barcode for instance on their ID. You do a material movement from location to location. The equipment could be barcoded too. The engineer logs in. Runs the right transaction. Swipes the item. Swipes his badge. And he's off.
>
> Better yet, the clerk calls up the right transaction. Swipes the item. Swipes the engineer's badge. The engineer then is required to put in his password. Given that the company has made them sign legally binding electronic signature agreements, the engineer then has just as much responsibility as if he'd signed in blood.
>
> I hope you see what I'm getting at here. It seems awful easy to me...
>
> Neal

__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language