RE: [sap-acct] Prevent withholding tax code change
Posted by
Admin at
|
Share this post:
|
0 Comments
| | Posted by Dammah (SAP Business Analyst/Consultant) on May 8 at 8:40 PM | |
Talk to your security folks, if they are knowledgeable enough, they may be able to restrict the field to not changeable. Try posting this in the security forum
Dammah
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 15:50:56 -0400
From: sap-acct@Groups.ITtoolbox.com
To: dammah@hotmail.com
Subject: RE:[sap-acct] Prevent withholding tax code change
Posted by dabjose
on May 8 at 3:49 PM Mark as helpful
Hello Rizky, just like you suggested I have them set in the vendor master both W/type and W/code. So they both appear perfectly fine in FB60. Just that FB60 also allows the user to change them. Lets say I have one W/type Z1 and Z1 has two W/codes X1 and X2. For a specific vendor if I set Z1 and X1, FB60 comes up with Z1 and X1, but the user is able to change X1 to X2 or even remove X1 and post without any withholding tax at all.
I'm looking for a way to block the user from editing these codes.
Hello SUKUMAR, I'm not sure what manage centrally means. Could you please let us know a little bit, you might have a point there.
Any ideas really welcome.
---------------Original Message---------------
From: dabjose
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 1:47 PM
Subject: Prevent withholding tax code change
> Hello gurus,
> Wondering if you know a way to prevent the user from the changing the withholding tax code in the "Withholding tax" tab in FB60. We have multiple w/tax codes for the same w/tax type. We would like to prevent the user from modifying the tax code.
> Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated.
> -Tony.
__.____._ Dammah
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 15:50:56 -0400
From: sap-acct@Groups.ITtoolbox.com
To: dammah@hotmail.com
Subject: RE:[sap-acct] Prevent withholding tax code change
Posted by dabjose
on May 8 at 3:49 PM Mark as helpful
Hello Rizky, just like you suggested I have them set in the vendor master both W/type and W/code. So they both appear perfectly fine in FB60. Just that FB60 also allows the user to change them. Lets say I have one W/type Z1 and Z1 has two W/codes X1 and X2. For a specific vendor if I set Z1 and X1, FB60 comes up with Z1 and X1, but the user is able to change X1 to X2 or even remove X1 and post without any withholding tax at all.
I'm looking for a way to block the user from editing these codes.
Hello SUKUMAR, I'm not sure what manage centrally means. Could you please let us know a little bit, you might have a point there.
Any ideas really welcome.
---------------Original Message---------------
From: dabjose
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 1:47 PM
Subject: Prevent withholding tax code change
> Hello gurus,
> Wondering if you know a way to prevent the user from the changing the withholding tax code in the "Withholding tax" tab in FB60. We have multiple w/tax codes for the same w/tax type. We would like to prevent the user from modifying the tax code.
> Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated.
> -Tony.
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements
View this thread online
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion