RE: [sap-basis] BI Sandbox Creation
Posted by
Admin at
|
Share this post:
|
0 Comments
| | Posted by SWS_EDY (SAP Basis Administrator) on Feb 10 at 5:11 PM | |
Snowy,
Thank you for your reply! I mainly support Oracle in AIX. I don't have
any issue to do homogeneous in ABAP stack. However, I have never worked
on MS SQL, especially Java. We know SAP has so many guides sometimes it
is so confusing. If you can point me to the right direction, I will
really appreciate it.
Regards,
Ed
________________________________
From: Snowy via sap-basis [mailto:sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com]Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:46 PM
To: Yung, Ed
Subject: Re: [sap-basis] BI Sandbox Creation
Posted by Snowy (Certified
Netweaver '04/Oracle Basis consultant)
on Feb 10 at 3:00 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
<http://it.toolbox.com/api/ContentVote/3298661/1/1/>
Hi,You should read the homogeneous system copy guide. Copying files
manually is usually not enough. You need to change PATHS, registry
settings, environment variables etc...For the JAVA part, you need to export/import it. Again, this is all
explained in homogeneous system copy guides.--- On Wed, 2/10/10, SWS_EDY via sap-basis
<sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com> wrote:From: SWS_EDY via sap-basis <sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com>Subject: [sap-basis] BI Sandbox CreationTo: "Snowy" <snowy_computer@yahoo.com>Received: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 11:11 AM
Toolbox sap-basis
Posted by SWS_EDY (SAP Basis Administrator)on Feb 10 at 11:25 AM
Hi, I want to build a BI Sandbox by copying my BI 7.0 DEV(ABAP +JAVA)
which is a MS SQL DB. If it is possible, I would also like to copy the
file directory(kernel,j2ee etc.)? If you can share some of the steps, I
will really appreciate. Thanks! Ed
__.____._ Thank you for your reply! I mainly support Oracle in AIX. I don't have
any issue to do homogeneous in ABAP stack. However, I have never worked
on MS SQL, especially Java. We know SAP has so many guides sometimes it
is so confusing. If you can point me to the right direction, I will
really appreciate it.
Regards,
Ed
________________________________
From: Snowy via sap-basis [mailto:sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com]Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:46 PM
To: Yung, Ed
Subject: Re: [sap-basis] BI Sandbox Creation
Posted by Snowy (Certified
Netweaver '04/Oracle Basis consultant)
on Feb 10 at 3:00 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
<http://it.toolbox.com/api/ContentVote/3298661/1/1/>
Hi,You should read the homogeneous system copy guide. Copying files
manually is usually not enough. You need to change PATHS, registry
settings, environment variables etc...For the JAVA part, you need to export/import it. Again, this is all
explained in homogeneous system copy guides.--- On Wed, 2/10/10, SWS_EDY via sap-basis
<sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com> wrote:From: SWS_EDY via sap-basis <sap-basis@Groups.ITtoolbox.com>Subject: [sap-basis] BI Sandbox CreationTo: "Snowy" <snowy_computer@yahoo.com>Received: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 11:11 AM
Toolbox sap-basis
Posted by SWS_EDY (SAP Basis Administrator)on Feb 10 at 11:25 AM
Hi, I want to build a BI Sandbox by copying my BI 7.0 DEV(ABAP +JAVA)
which is a MS SQL DB. If it is possible, I would also like to copy the
file directory(kernel,j2ee etc.)? If you can share some of the steps, I
will really appreciate. Thanks! Ed
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Related Content
In the Spotlight
White Papers
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements
View this thread online
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion