We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-other] Setting Input Mask On Particular Field On Standard SAP Screens

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from samnovice on Sep 3 at 4:54 PM
Hi,

in the meantime I have done some additional research and all I have found out that I could set-up input mask on particular field using BADI or user-exit,

Can anyone please recommend me some tutorial for setting input mask on some field using user exits and BADIs?

Thank you.
Sam

---------------Original Message---------------
From: samnovice
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 8:27 AM
Subject: Setting Input Mask On Particular Field On Standard SAP Screens

Hi,

I am trying to discover and learn more about concept of setting "input mask" on particular field on standard SAP screen(s).

For example, I plan to setup custom mask for field UNSEZ (Our reference) for program SAPMM06E (ME31K Tcode - header data). Please see screenshot below:

https://s15.postimg.io/ih6zqgukr/example.jpg

Currently, by SAP default, in that field is possible to add almost ANY value without any input mask which *doesn't* makes any obligation for end-user to enter data in specific format. In my case, custom format for input mask would be "XXX-13-XYYY" where X represents obligatory number which is required, and Y represents number which is not required.

In order to find concept how to achieve this result, I done some google research but after a while, I have am confused should I try to update some ABAP code (via SE80/SE38 or similar for program SAPMM06E), should I use some Field exit (link https://scn.sap.com/thread/814770) or something else?

Any help is appreciated and many thanks in advance!

Sam

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
© 2016 Ziff Davis, LLC. and message author.
Ziff Davis, LLC. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
samnovice  

achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language