We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-basis] Kernel 745 DCK Release Level 100

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from Snowy on Apr 25 at 4:36 PM
Hi,

a few things to do when updating a kernel on Windows-based system. I usually disable the SAP services and then stop them, then, I updated the kernel files on all kernel locations. Finally, re-enable services and start them.

Why disable services? because if a windows session has an opened SAPMMC window opened, it might try to re-open SAP services over and over again.... and this wil lcause issues while copy kernel files.

One Last thing, I do not trust to automatic copy of files with the SAP mechanism! I prefer doing this myself manually!

good luckj.

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Phil S
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 10:31 AM
Subject: Kernel 745 DCK Release Level 100

I am trying to use the 745 downward compatible kernel on a EHP7 system now. I have copied the kernel files to the <path>\sys\exe\uc\NTAMD64 location, and when I go to restart the system, the files are not being copied over. According to note 2251972 this should work now.

This is a single system install where the msg_server and enserver reside on instance 01, and the other services run on the 00 instance.

I have manually tried copying the files to the direct location under the DVEBMGS00\exe, and under the ASCS01\exe location, but the system will not start if I do that. If I try to cycle the windows services, the 01 service fails to start. It just quits as soon as I try, indicating it can't start.

If I revert back to the original 742 level, it works just fine.

Ideas?

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
© 2016 Ziff Davis, LLC. and message author.
Ziff Davis, LLC. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
Snowy  

32 achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Become a blogger at Toolbox.com and share your expertise with the community. Start today.

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language