We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-log-wm] Storage Unit Preplanning

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from sapnomad on Aug 12 at 3:03 PM
I did a little prototyping and answered a couple of my questions and generated some new ones. So I see this process following the 3PL entirely on IM and main plant on WM. I can support process where 3PL user does BOTH the GI on STO and the GR of STO into 2000. The GR would be required to initiate the preplanning so that SU can be generated under WM. When the item physically arrives in 2000, the LT09 step of creating TO to move from ID Point into final storage essentially takes the place of the STO GR. This brings me to these two questions:
1) On the STO GR, I need to basically just generate a TR, not a TO. That way I can create TO manually specifying the Preplanning storage type for destination. I have other STO processes where auto TO generation upon GR is required. What is my best approach to handle both processes? Do I need to create a Z movement type copy of IM 101, so that I can link it to a new WM movement type?

2) Now that LT09 is replacing the physical inbound MIGO_GR process, I need to have this transaction mobile enabled. Please confirm, there is no RF mobile version of LT09?

Any other inputs to improve this process appreciated. The primary goal, I repeat, is for the 3PL to generate the SU labels in their location so that in the main plant labels can be scanned and putaway performed. We are trying to shift the SU label generation and affixing from the main plant to the 3PL.

Vlad

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Vlad Selsky
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 12:09 PM
Subject: Storage Unit Preplanning

Can somebody guide me if SU preplanning will help me with the process below. I've never used it before.

I have a 3PL storage location 1000 that is only on IM and my main plant storage location 2000 is on WM. SKUs are stored in 1000 at the pallet level. The plant transmits an STO to the 3PL for cartons. The goal is that all the cartons would have SU labels printed and attached before they are received into 2000. To summarizeL

3PL storage location 1000:
- SU preplanning
- print SU labels and attach to boxes
- GI on the STO

main plant storage location 2000:
- GR on the STO
- TOs confirmed at ID point
- new TOs for final putaway

Conceptually does it appear that I have choice of these preplanning variations?
1) The ID point can be under the 2000 SLOC. What is the exact process/transaction for the 3PL user to actually generate the TO (to produce SUs)? Is it associated with STO in any way?
2) ID point is in the 3PL, in which case I either WM enable 1000 SLOC or create another another WM-managed SLOC. Again, what is the transaction to create the TO...via LT01? In this scenario, I assume the STO transfer order will pull the cartons from the ID point, and the final TO via GR/STO in 2000 will put them away there.

Thanks!

Vlad

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2015 Ziff Davis, LLC. and message author.
Ziff Davis, LLC. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
sapnomad  

achievements
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Become a blogger at Toolbox.com and share your expertise with the community. Start today.

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language