We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-other] What Advantages Are There Between a Plant and a Location

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from mbartlow on Apr 23 at 9:37 AM
Thank you for the replies they were very helpful. I am trying to determine what is a better method to represent a subcontractor, Presently, they are noted as a location in Plant but I see problems with this. Firstly, I would like to recognize inventory that is being transferred to the SubCx, a location just moves it from one location to another without regard to transit time. I may also want to recognize conversions costs to toll the material, I do not think a location will provide this capability. I have been informed that perhaps additionall plants results in more work for the Accountants at closing.... Not sure why? I would think it easy to manage inventory at a Plant level than a storage location, maybe some entries to adjust inventories, but I'm not treating plants a profit centers, so I am wondering, how much additional work do accountants contend with when I add a Plant to track conversion of material at a subcontractor? I would like to see the material tranformed at the SubCx, they send 870s to recognize the transformation of material from RM to WIP, with quality information. They also send 856s to other SubCx or to the end customer on our behalf. Like to associate the Work Order to the SubCx PO, and in the future actually incorporate the SubContractor as a workcenter for planning. Using a location seems to be restrictive but I simply do not know. I'm trying to find some means to determine this.

---------------Original Message---------------
From: mbartlow
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:29 PM
Subject: What Advantages Are There Between a Plant and a Location

SAP Plant vs Location Advantages

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2013 Ziff Davis, Inc. and message author.
Ziff Davis, Inc. 28 E 28th Street New York, NY 10016
mbartlow  
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language