We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-dev] SAP RFC Call Returns Error in Return Parameter from Vb Before the RFC Call

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Reply from mrg1968 on Aug 19 at 3:18 PM
Hi, Louis.

As I said in the opening of the problem, I get 'Error 0' BEFORE the RFC call ("However, when I try to instantiate the RETURN parameter (the result), I get an 'Error 0' in it. ").
Initially I was trying with this piece of code:

'BAPI RFC Call  Set objRfcFunc = sapConn.Add("BAPI_GL_ACC_EXISTENCECHECK"   )  objRfcFunc.exports("COMPANYCODE") = "C100"  objRfcFunc.exports("GLACCT") = "0000000001"  Dim objReturn As Object   Set objReturn = objRfcFunc.imports("RETURN") 'HERE I GET 'ERROR 0'  Rem *** BAPI CALL ***  If objRfcFunc.Call = False Then   	ErrorMsg = objRfcFunc.Exception 'Message collection   	MsgBox ErrorMsg, 16, "Error"   	sapConn.Connection.logoff   	Exit Sub  End If   

Then I changed with this piece of code:


'BAPI RFC Call  Set objRfcFunc = sapConn.Add("BAPI_GL_ACC_EXISTENCECHECK"   )  objRfcFunc.exports("COMPANYCODE") = "C100"  objRfcFunc.exports("GLACCT") = "0000000001"
Rem *** BAPI CALL ***
If objRfcFunc.Call = False Then       ErrorMsg = objRfcFunc.Exception 'Message collection       MsgBox ErrorMsg, 16, "Error"       sapConn.Connection.logoff       Exit Sub  else
Dim objReturn As Object
    Set objReturn = objRfcFunc.imports("RETURN") 'HERE I GET 'ERROR 0'End If



So it's not the return from the RFC that gives 'Error 0'.
Changing the order (instantiate the Return object after the RFC call) doesn't change the problem, and I get always 'Error 0' both if I try with an existing account or not existing account.
For this I thought it was a communication bug between SAP and the local PC from which I make the call.
So I changed the PC from which doing the call, but the problem remained the same (on the first PC I had SAP GUI 6.20 now I'm working with SAP GUI 7.20).
Just my two cents, I can't find a solution in the result but I'm bypassing it.
I think it's good to keep this thread live/open so if someone else is encountering this kind of problem can give his opinion/answer/solution on this ...

Thanks you all however again for all your patience ...
Mauro

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Mauro Re Garbagnati
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:29 AM
Subject: SAP RFC Call Returns Error in Return Parameter from Vb Before the RFC Call

Hi everybody.
I'm trying to call a SAP BAPI using RFC from vb but I'm having some problem to get the result of the call.
The BAPI "BAPI_GL_ACC_EXISTENCECHECK" (from General Ledger Account module) has two parameters, COMPANYCODE and GLACCT, and a RETURN parameter.
I wrote the attached piece of code to make the call and I had no problem to establish the SAP Connection (I use the SAP Logon Control OLE/COM object to do the job).
I then instantiate the input Parameters COMPANYCODE and GLACCT and again no problem. However, when I try to instantiate the RETURN parameter (the result), I get an 'Error 0' in it.
The strange thing is that when I make the call it gives no error because the RFC call returns true and no exception.
However, looking through the objReturn object/parameter, it has a value "Error 0" in it. I was expecting a complex structure like the BAPIRETURN object in SAP or something similar if the account doesn't exist.
BTW, Final Notes: the user that makes the call has SAP_ALL / SAP_NEW authorization
'BAPI RFC Call  Set objRfcFunc = sapConn.Add("BAPI_GL_ACC_EXISTENCECHECK" )  objRfcFunc.exports("COMPANYCODE") = "C100"  objRfcFunc.exports("GLACCT") = "0000000001"   Dim objReturn As Object   Set objReturn = objRfcFunc.imports("RETURN")  Rem *** BAPI CALL ***  If objRfcFunc.Call = False Then      ErrorMsg = objRfcFunc.Exception 'Message collection      MsgBox ErrorMsg, 16, "Error"      sapConn.Connection.logoff      Exit Sub  End If     

Thanks in advance for your precious answers or suggestions ...

 
Reply to this email to post your response.
 
__.____._
Manage Settings | Unsubscribe | Create FAQ | Send Feedback
  
Copyright © 2012 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
mrg1968  
Software Engineer
 
Mark as helpful
View this online
Ask a new question
 
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language