We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE: [sap-basis] Parameters for Wily Introscope

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by Lars-Erik Hallsten (CEO & Senior Consultant)
on Oct 26 at 9:40 AM
Hi,

This issue is basis related, but the SAP-SOLUTION-MANAGER group would be the best choice, I guess.

Regards,
LEH

---------------Original Message---------------
From: Helmut Harzer
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:46 AM
Subject: Parameters for Wily Introscope

Hello Colleagues,

At first, I don't know whether I'm in the correct forum. I have to setup WilyIntroscope parameters in my SolutionManagers server to get a right balance between storage and threads for monitoring the connected SAP satellite systems.
I see two ways for edit and change this parameters. For SMD in configtool and for Wily in "/usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope/Introscope_Enter prise_Manager.lax".
In configtool i see two thread pools ("ThreadManager" and "ApplicationThreadManager") if i opened "Server --> manager":
Application Thread Pool and System Thread Pool and here is possible to change the "MaxThreadCount", "MinThreadCount" and "InitialThreadCount" in both pools.

And I see one thread pool ("ThreadManager") if I opened "Dispatcher --> Managers":
here I'm able to change the same parameters: "MaxThreadCount", "MinThreadCount" and "InitialThreadCount".

But where is the way, to change or define such thread parameters for Wily Introscope? In the above called file "Introscope_Enterprise_Manager.lax" I couldn't find any parameter looks like "...ThreadCount".

Has anybody in this forum actually done it? Or is anybody in the happy position to give me a link for guideline? For myself, I have some installation and upgrade/setup guides. But no guides with a description of parameter optimization for Wily and/or SMD (Solution Manager Diagnostics).

At last, I don't know whether this thread parameters in configtool will be used by WilyIntroscope.

Please correct me, if I am in the wrong forum.

Regards from Rutesheim,
Helmut Harzer

PS: I know, it gives a paper: "Configuration and Administration Guide for CA Wily Introscope Version 8" with description of some parameters. But I don't know, where I could find it.

__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Mark as helpful
View this online
  
Lars-Erik Hallsten
SAP Basis Top Contributor

Contributed the most posts in a group for a month to earn a Silver Achievement
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com Groups Discussions Support BBCode. Share Code Snippets with Peers

_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language