We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

[sap-basis] Can't reset an upgrade.

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by timmoeur
on Aug 3 at 11:14 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm in the midst of upgrading a EHP system from NW 7.1 to 7.3 running on RHEL 5.6 with Oracle 11.2 I'm using SUM and hence the command line ./STARTUP to invoke the SUM dialogs. Because of various problems with database upgrades and other missing pieces, I've had to restart the upgrade more than once. However, the execution phase was never reached.

Now, after a restart, and in the extraction phase it'll stop with a message:

Severe error(s) occured in phase PREP_INIT/VALCHK_INI
Last error code set SAP_ABA is in an undefined state, that is not safe
to be upgraded, reason Upgrade wasn't completed - Call the SAP support.

OK, so it appears that something was left in 'being upgraded' status from one of my failed runs.

If I attempt to reset the upgrade from the SUM gui I get this error:

Unable to rest the upgrade
Unable to execute the SDT request list SUM
Revoke is not allowed for the current operation extract.

From reading through the forums, it appears that my path to a solution is to delete the three current lines in the UVERS table using native DB tools. I'm a bit reluctant, however, to go muckin' around in DB tables I know little about, so I'm posing this question to the community to get your confidence level of that action before I start deleting rows.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Tim
__.____._
Copyright © 2011 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
View this online
  
Popular White Papers

In the Spotlight
View the "Managing the Application Life Cycle" webinar and learn how organizations optimize their SAP applications.
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language