We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-basis] Upgrade SAP Kernel during the procedure activity of OS/DB Migration

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by Raghav (SAP Basis Admin)
on Sep 7 at 11:52 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
Thanks Snowy/Caddick.

Hi Joao:

Glad that this has worked out for you.
>> Do update us whether its minimized your issues during import.

I take it, as you've mentioned in your Post, you had updated the latest R3trans, R3load, R3szchk, TP files e.t.c when SAPinst was stopped for DB Installation; which is quite acceptable over Patching/updating midst an import/export.

As I'd mentioned earlier, Changing these files when SAPinst Process is running midst of a Phase execution without waiting for it to stop @ a dialog step (or) error out, would "not" be my choice of action.
>> I would prefer to do it at the earliest possible step, when i know SAPinst isn't doing any activity (or) waiting for input.

Thanks for updating on this.

Regards,
Raghav

---------------Original Message---------------
From: João Miguel Dimas
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2010 11:24 AM
Subject: Upgrade SAP Kernel during the procedure activity of OS/DB Migration

> Hello gurus,
>
> Target Server: Linux X86_64
> Database: Oracle 10.2.0.4
>
> Can you explain me please if it is possible to update some files of SAP Kernel (R3load; R3szchk ; lib_dbsl) during the Migration Process, this is, at this point I´m in phase 8 - Install database server on SAPInst and I want to change some Kernel files because they are very old! Can you tell me if it is possible to do that at this phase... and if so how can I do that... I have to stop some services at this point (I don´t have database at this point)!
>
>
> Best regards,
> Joao Dimas - Portugal

__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Raghav
SAP Basis Helper

Posted helpful replies on 5 threads in a group to earn a Bronze Achievement
Related Content
White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Use the New iPhone App
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language