RE:[sap-basis] SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 installation on Linux plus Oracle
Posted by
Admin at
|
Share this post:
|
0 Comments
| | Posted by Joao Dimas (SAP -- BC Administrator) on Feb 5 at 5:29 PM | |
Hello to all,
Thank you to tried to help me.
But my main question in my first post wasn?t totally answered... I want to know a command line in terminal of red hat linux and give me all packages installed and what?s mean that categories or groups in Red Hat...!?
Best regards,
Joao Dimas - Portugal
---------------Original Message---------------
From: Joao Dimas
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 2:25 PM
Subject: SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 installation on Linux plus Oracle
> Hello gurus,<br/>Before I start my questions / doubts I?ve to say that I want to install a sap system ECC6 SR3 Unicode on Redhat Enterprise Linux version 5 and the database will be an Oracle 10.2.0.4 everything x64 bits... and the worst of it is I never did a installation in Linux distribution.<br/>In this momment the S.O. RHEL 5 is installed and I?m reading the installation guide and notes. One of that notes is the note 1048303 where is said "Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux" and the problem is how can I verify in RHEL if it are already installed that list of categories/groups and package that is mentioned in there note. I?m talk about this list:<br/>- Servers/Printing Support<br/>- Base System/Base<br/>- Base System/X Window System<br/>- Development/Legacy Software Development<br/>- Development/Development Libraries (for Oracle databases)<br/>- Development/Development Tools (for Oracle databases)<br/>The following packages can't be chosen in these groups and have to be installed afterwards: <br/>- compat-openldap<br/>- libXp<br/>- libunwind (only on ia64)<br/>Via Terminal which command line I have to insert to verify which package and categories/groups are installed in S.O. Can you tell me the command that I have to use??<br/><br/>Best regards,<br/>Joao Dimas - Portugal
__.____._ Thank you to tried to help me.
But my main question in my first post wasn?t totally answered... I want to know a command line in terminal of red hat linux and give me all packages installed and what?s mean that categories or groups in Red Hat...!?
Best regards,
Joao Dimas - Portugal
---------------Original Message---------------
From: Joao Dimas
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 2:25 PM
Subject: SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 installation on Linux plus Oracle
> Hello gurus,<br/>Before I start my questions / doubts I?ve to say that I want to install a sap system ECC6 SR3 Unicode on Redhat Enterprise Linux version 5 and the database will be an Oracle 10.2.0.4 everything x64 bits... and the worst of it is I never did a installation in Linux distribution.<br/>In this momment the S.O. RHEL 5 is installed and I?m reading the installation guide and notes. One of that notes is the note 1048303 where is said "Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux" and the problem is how can I verify in RHEL if it are already installed that list of categories/groups and package that is mentioned in there note. I?m talk about this list:<br/>- Servers/Printing Support<br/>- Base System/Base<br/>- Base System/X Window System<br/>- Development/Legacy Software Development<br/>- Development/Development Libraries (for Oracle databases)<br/>- Development/Development Tools (for Oracle databases)<br/>The following packages can't be chosen in these groups and have to be installed afterwards: <br/>- compat-openldap<br/>- libXp<br/>- libunwind (only on ia64)<br/>Via Terminal which command line I have to insert to verify which package and categories/groups are installed in S.O. Can you tell me the command that I have to use??<br/><br/>Best regards,<br/>Joao Dimas - Portugal
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Related Content
In the Spotlight
White Papers
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements
View this thread online
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion