RE:[sap-basis] SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 installation on Linux plus Oracle
Posted by
Admin at
|
Share this post:
|
0 Comments
| | Posted by dmanvzla (Basis Consultant) on Feb 5 at 3:21 PM | |
You should follow SAP Note 171356 - SAP software on Linux: Essential
information, SAP Note 1048303 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Installation and upgrade, sapnote 716604 Access to SUN J2SE,
I used java version 1.4.2_13
IBMJava2-AMD64-142-JRE-1.4.2-13.1.x86_64
And follow the requirements of swap space in installation guide.
Hope this will help you
---------------Original Message---------------
From: Al Fournier
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 2:45 PM
Subject: SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 installation on Linux plus Oracle
> You've got my interest piqued as well. I have back burner project to do the<br/>same thing.. I also have reviewed the notes and had a difficult time<br/>determining the exact packages to install. I put a message in with SAP and<br/>they said they updated the note to reflect the necessary packages but I<br/>didn't see what I was asking for in the note. I was able to load some of<br/>the packages but never ascertained that the Development items were<br/>installed. Of course the difficulty I had was compounded by security policy<br/>preventing direct access to the RedHat patching system for updates. I too<br/>would like as much information on this as is available...As I understand it<br/>you need access to RedHat while installing so that you can request/update<br/>the packages listed in the note.
__.____._ information, SAP Note 1048303 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Installation and upgrade, sapnote 716604 Access to SUN J2SE,
I used java version 1.4.2_13
IBMJava2-AMD64-142-JRE-1.4.2-13.1.x86_64
And follow the requirements of swap space in installation guide.
Hope this will help you
---------------Original Message---------------
From: Al Fournier
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 2:45 PM
Subject: SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 installation on Linux plus Oracle
> You've got my interest piqued as well. I have back burner project to do the<br/>same thing.. I also have reviewed the notes and had a difficult time<br/>determining the exact packages to install. I put a message in with SAP and<br/>they said they updated the note to reflect the necessary packages but I<br/>didn't see what I was asking for in the note. I was able to load some of<br/>the packages but never ascertained that the Development items were<br/>installed. Of course the difficulty I had was compounded by security policy<br/>preventing direct access to the RedHat patching system for updates. I too<br/>would like as much information on this as is available...As I understand it<br/>you need access to RedHat while installing so that you can request/update<br/>the packages listed in the note.
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Related Content
In the Spotlight
White Papers
In the Spotlight
Earn Recognition for Your Contributions at Toolbox for IT. Gain Points for Community Achievements
View this thread online
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion
Manage group e-mails
Create an FAQ on this topic
Tell us what you think
Unsubscribe from discussion