We have added search box. Key in SAP issue keyword to search
TopBottom

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at sapchatroom@gmail.com.

RE:[sap-basis] Does a Transport pick up previous changes OR only changes between the date of the previous tranport and current tranport?

Posted by Admin at
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Posted by Miss Clavel
on Sep 30 at 12:22 PM
Mark this reply as helpfulMark as helpful
I started having trouble, when I changed which function group my function was in and completely removed another function.
(I had never had issues with multiple objects on a transport, or transports before).

For some reason, the include file (the one that SAP creates for the function group, and modifies when functions are added or removed from the group) did not remove the entry for the function, but did remove the code for the function.
I have no idea how this happened.

This was all in the test environment, after the stuff was transported from development.
At that time I was doing everything in order, every action (including the deletion of a function and the moving of one function to a new function group) was first done on Dev and then transported to Test.

This issue caused everything that used a function from the function group to start failing (claiming the function did not exist).
I had to create a new transport, for the function group, to fix the issue.

This was the reason I wanted to avoid transporting any changes to that function group at all (since I decided to not modify it at all, and just create my own function group).
However, I had other objects on the same transport, that needed to go to production.















---------------Original Message---------------
From: Miss Clavel
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 1:05 AM
Subject: Does a Transport pick up previous changes OR only changes between the date of the previous tranport and current tranport?

> If I modify a program multiple times, each time doing the tranport from dev to test; can I transport only the last one to production?
> Will the program transport in the exact state it was in, at the time the tranport was moved from Dev to Test?
>
> I am pretty certain the answer is Yes, but I want to verify this.
>
> I wish I had a sandbox environment to test this in, but I don't.
>
> (As for why I want to avoid just transporting everything, some of the transports from Dev to Test also include objects I do not want to transpsort to Production. )

__.____._
Copyright © 2010 Toolbox.com and message author.

Toolbox.com 4343 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 280, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Related Content
White Papers

In the Spotlight
Toolbox.com for iPhone: Ask Questions & Get Answers Anywhere. Use the New iPhone App
_.____.__

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T r a n s l a t e to your language